Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Update on The Pug

For my new friends from Canine Cushings here is the link to Pugsley's story

Update: Well he went to the vet yesterday and spent the day being poked and prodded. He has an IV and catheter in and has pumped full of saline, electrolytes, some drug I can't even pretend to spell, prednisone and only the vet knows what else.

They let us bring him home last night on strict instructions that he is not to be left alone and we have to bring him back this afternoon for another blood test.

She was amazed that he was still standing with the Potassium levels he had............he should have had a heart attack a long time ago according to her.

He is truly a stud.

We aren't out of the woods yet but are cautiously optomistic.

Please keep up those prayers.........they have done wonders for him already. You could pray that I somehow hit the lottery since this $500 bill was supposed to be next month's vacation money. Some folks look at me and snicker when I tell them what I paid........they say they would have just put him down. But for us, he is as much a part of our family as any of us and if its in my power to help him I will. I won't prolong his life if he's in misery or if he was already on death's back step........but he's got some life in him yet. And we want to spend it with him.

No comments: