Sunday, July 27, 2008

I think I can, I think I can........

I really don't think I can.........

Read all the books on my
888 List.

I've read 25 books so far this year....I think that's pretty good. It hasn't been easy either......I go through lulls in my reading and having gone back to work I don't have the time I once did to read at will.

So if I stay on track with what I'm doing I may hit 50 if I'm lucky. I still find that a respectable #.........50 books in one year. I'm not sure I ever believed that I could truly read 64 books in one year...........a self defeatist???

Anyway, I can crank out non-fiction books in a day.........thriller fiction in 2 days..........but those classics, they are killing me. I've been reading Crime & Punishment for 2 weeks now. And its not that its not a good book........its awesome. I just have to read with no distraction with a classic. I find I need to really concentrate on the "good books" and I don't have as much time to do that........self help and pop classics I can watch TV, talk on the phone and still read them.

Anyway, I'll keep plugging along......

No comments: