Wednesday, January 2, 2008

My 888 Reading List
What is an 888 reading list, you ask? Well, someone
somewhere decided to start a challenge......
Read 8 books
in 8 different categories
in 2008
888!
This color indicates books I've read
This color indicates books I'm reading now
This color indicates how many books I still have to read

Things that Go Bump in the Night
The Surgeon- Gerritson
In Cold Blood- Capote
The Blue Nowhere- Deaver
Shutter Island- Lahane
Book of the Dead- Cornwell
The Turn of the Screw- James
The Front- Cornwell

Dracula- Stoker

What’s Their Story?
Doc Holliday: The Life and Legend- Roberts
Jane Austen: A Life- Tomalin
Benjamin Franklin Autobiography- Franklin
Mozart: A Life- Solomon
Walden- Thoreau
Material World

Beyond Our Selves- Marshall
Story of the Von Trapp Family Singers- Trapp

Parenting Teenagers, Husbands and Ourselves
Boundaries with Teens- Townsend
Five Love Languages of Teenagers
Teenage Boys- Beausay
Kindred Spirits- Evans
Intimate Issues- Dillow
Every Woman’s Battle- Eldridge
His Needs, Her Needs- Harley
Proper Care & Feeding of Husbands-Schlessinger

A Thinking Christian’s Booklist
The Deadliest Monster
Seven Men Who Rule the World from the Grave
Darwin on Trial
Mere Christianity- Lewis
Something from Nothing-Understanding What You Believe About Creation
The Shack
Fingerprint of God- Ross
The Daily Bible -Ongoing throughout the Year

Just Came Up (books I've come across and just HAD to read)
Square Foot Gardening- Bartholomew
Eclipse- Meyer
New Moon- Meyer
Eat This, Not That
What Your Dr. May Not Tell You About Premenopause- Lee

Popular Authors I’ve Never Read
Jane Eyre- Bronte
Travels with Charley- John Steinback
1776- David McCullough
Lady Chatterley’s Lover- DH Lawrence
The Pillars of the Earth- Ken Follett
The Historian-Elizabeth Kostova
Crime & Punishment- Doestevsky
A Thousand Splendid Suns- Khaled Hosseini

Books Every Kid Should Read, But I Didn’t
Ender’s Game- Card
Paradise Lost- Milton
The Giver- Lowry
Catcher in the Rye- Salinger
The Once and Future King- White
Heidi- Spyri
The Red Badge of Courage- Crane
Robinson Crusoe- Defoe

First in a Series
Mr. Midshipman Hornblower- Forester
Redwall- Jacques
A Wrinkle in Time- L’Engle
Unveiled:Tamar- Rivers
Twilight- Meyer
Wicked: The Life & Times of the Wicked Witch of the West- Maguire
The First Man in Rome- McCullough
One for the Money-Evanovich

2 comments:

Tonia said...

I really like your categories - very creative!

Jenileigh said...

Nice, I didn't have a clue what the 888 reading thing was. Now I know. Does each person create their own lists? That is a lot of reading!