That got your attention didn't it??
So I went to the doc this week........its been awhile so I decided to go for the COMPLETE 36,000 tune up plus oil change.
What's on the docket you ask???
Labs.......cholesterol, thyroid, the usual stuff.........gotta make sure all my blood cells line up correctly

My first mammogram...............ah, it doesn't quite have the same ring as "My First Bra" and I'm not especially looking forward to sticking my D-cup in a panini machine but.......my grandma had a double mascectomy at 41 so the doc thinks its time.

4 trips to the physical therapist's office who specializes in SI joint problems (That's sacroilliac for you lay people :). With these words from the doc's mouth "after I went to her the first time, I thought she broke something I was in so much pain" I'm REALLY looking forward to going. Seriously though, I have pretty substantial back problems (spinal stenosis and degenerative disk disease and an off kilter pelvis) and I recently went off all drugs after 3 years of heavy duty pain management. I'm now trying to fix the problem rather than mask it with Percocet.
I did get some great new drugs though............non-narcotics that are specific for nerve pain......its new on the market and I have high hopes!
Lastly........my initial visit with a sports medicine chiropractor. I'm a little leary of them........I've been to the "4 times a week for the rest of your life so I can take all your money type in the past" but this one comes recommended by the doc as being ethical and GOOD........so I'm giving it a try.

So the next 2 weeks when I'm not at work I can look forward to mostly pain.........spinal adjustments, pelvic tilts, panini breast sandwich and needles..............wow, I can hardly stand it!
But, hey stay tuned.........at my next doc visit in 4 weeks I get to have a "mole inspection" and my annual exam............will the fun never end????
2 comments:
Which chiro are you going to?
the guy in the Safeway parking lot.......lots of folks here at work go there AND my doc recommended him as one of 2 in town that he feels is ethical and does a good job. If you want his #, email me and I'll send it to ya.
Post a Comment