Penis Cakes..........yes, we had a potluck and someone brought a penis shaped cake. It had frosting hair and a tip. I'm pretty sure only in nursing school and bachelorette parties would this be considered acceptable. I ate it.....I'm not proud.
I also found that Nursing School is filled to the brim with "That's what she said" moments.
"are you sure you stuck that in far enough"
"how long can this last"
"God, I'll be glad when this is over"
"Now its your turn to pull his pants down"
I digress...
Along with all the hard work, nursing school is filled with a lot of fun. We've stuck each other with needles this past week and inserted catheters while learning all the various sounds of the heart and how to maintain sterile fields. We've videotaped and ate and some of us even went out to celebrate our first test success.
Lemon Drop Shots are a dangerous thing. Or it may have been the fact that it was combined with a couple of Gin & Tonics, mexican food and 3 inch heels. That's another story for another time.
I'm now 25% done with my first semester and I've learned a few things......
1. I need to study more and not get cocky
2. There is a lot I don't know
3. Its not as bad as I thought
4. There are people I really like in my class, and people I really don't like
5. Teachers are tricksters
6. I'm really glad I'm doing this.....
1 comment:
Post a Comment