Saturday, February 6, 2010

First Two Weeks of Nursing School

The first week was such a whirlwind of activity that I hardly had time to breathe, let alone post so here I am after the second week with a bit more time on my hands.

The first week was not as overwhelming as I anticipated, which was great considering all the horrow stories I had been told by previous students. And I actually had time to spend with my family and even to sleep (another misconception after talking to previous students). Now, I'm sure it won't always be like this, and after the second week the work load is rising.....but all in all I find it manageable and even fun.

This is what I want to do. Now I wasn't thrilled about the day we checked on our "patients" in lab only to find a fake turd smeared all over the backside, and even under their fingernails, but it is part of this job and therefore I accept it as part of my work.

Of course on another day, cleaning out wounds and taking blood pressures and even learning about pressure ulcers I found immensely fascinating and looked forward to practicing taking care of them.

I now have a paper due and a first test coming up, but I'm up for the challenge and am even looking forward to being challenged.

Our teacher takes great photos during class so I will work at getting those posted here soon.

Been fighting a head cold this week, so hopefully I will be feeling better soon and will be back to normal soon. Catch you next week.......

No comments: