So, my last post was related to nursing school and how I did not get into the program for January, but was on the alternate list. Well September came and went, then October and November. Finally, in the beginning of December I received a call that a spot had opened up. To say that I was elated would be the understatement of the year.
Of course, once the excitement wore off, I realized I now had less than 2 months (even less considering most of the time the college was out of session for the holidays) to get myself ready for school, figure out my finances and prepare my family for the changes to come.
December and most of January has been a whirlwind of activity regarding getting immunizations, CPR recertification, filling out paperwork and in the meantime trying to find a way to not have to work during school.
At last I received a small amount of financial aid, and am worked my last regular shift this last Tuesday. I will now be working only 10 hours a week at the hospital ER in the middle of the night on the weekends so as not to interfere with time with my family nor school.
Over the last few weeks I have spent $800 on books, been treated like a pin cushion for immunization reasons and read every blog, message board and book about nursing school I could lay my hands on.
Yesterday I attended Orientation and am now fully ready to start classes on Monday. Well, maybe not completely ready.....
My mother suggested to me to resume writing on my blog in order to document my journey through Nursing School. So that is my intention over the next few months, and the next 2 years. I hope that in doing so, I will be able to look back on my time in school and remember all that I have learned and the journey that it has taken me on.
Most don't read this blog anymore, but for those that do, thank you for being loyal followers and not giving up on me. I hope to post once a week on the weekends and have put it into my schedule so as to stay on top of it.
For now I'm enjoying my last weekend as a free woman..........complete with my 40th birthday......how is that for momentus. I'm having a wonderful party being planned by two of my best friends and will get to spend time with many that I love and who have encouraged me greatly in this journey.
Til next week...
2 comments:
I've been bad about both blogging and reading blogs lately too. Best of luck to you in this new adventure!!! =-)
It was nice seeing you Saturday. Best of luck in school.
Post a Comment