Monday, January 5, 2009

Looking back on my 888 List

So looking over my list, a couple of thoughts come to mind.

I'm really proud of all the books I read. 45 in total. That averages almost 4 books a month and amost a book a week. Respectable in my book.

I would have liked to have read more books of substance...a lot of my books were frivilous reads.......but fun none the lest.

My improvement this year will be to read more books of value.

So, out of the 64 books chosen.....I read 45, that is 2/3 at least and something I'm happy to have accomplished. I have to say that having the list definitely helped keep me on track and kept me reading when I started to feel myself fall into a "no read zone".

So I will be posting my 999 list by the end of the week.......but since I've decided to record more things than just books read, I will keep that list separate for those of us that are tracking our reading for the year as well.

BOOKS READ IN 2008
The Host- Meyer
Guilty Pleasures- Hamilton
Cirque de Freak: The Vampire's Assistant
Cirque do Freak: Tunnels of Blood
Book of the Dead- CornweHamilton
Walden- Thoreau
Material World
Benjamin Franklin: An Autobiography- Franklin
Controlling Type 2 Diabetes through Diet
Kindred Spirits- Evans
Intimate Issues- Dillow
Every Woman's Battle- Eldridge
You: The Owner's Manual- Oz
You: On a Diet- Oz
Hidden Places- Austin
Something from Nothing
The Shack
The Daily Bible
Square Foot Gardening- ll

The Turn of the Screw- James
The Front- Cornwell
The Laughing Corpse- Bartholomew
Eclipse-Meyer
New Moon- Meyer
Breaking Dawn- Meyer
Eat This, Not That
Mistress of the Art of Death
Circus of the Damned-Hamilton
What Your Dr May Not Tell You About Premenopause- Lee
Jane Eyre- Bronte
Travels with Charley- Steinback
Snow Flower and the Secret Fan
Moloka'i- Brenner
The Pillars of the Earth- Follett
The Historian- Kostova
Crime & Punishment- Doestevsky
A Thousand Splendid Suns- Hosseini
Heidi- Spyri
The Red Badge of Courage- Crane
Marked- Cast
Blindsighted- Slaughter
Unveiled:Tamar- Rivers
Twilight- Meyer
Wicked: The Life & Times of the Wicked Witch of the West- Maguire
Cirque de Freak: A Living Nightmare

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Rachel,

I don't think I've read a book of fiction in 20 years...so steeped in theology, I've neglected fantasy. My daughter has already bought me some books for the New Year (actually re-reads for me because I was so voracious a reader in my youth...that would be your age and younger, for sure!)

Your list of reads is impressive and Chris' accomplishments to be congratulated...but how can we cross our fingers and pray in the same breath, ma'am?

I will pray!

Your friend,
Gen