Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Peace...the long lost commodity

Caption reads:
Peace. it does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. it means to be in the midst of these things and still be calm in your heart........

I used to have it, I try to get it, it evades me.

As jobs crumble around me I am plagued by the fear of what is to come.

Working at a hospital I feel a small amount of security.........and I mean minute amounts.

But those around me continue to struggle in their careers.

My husband really needs a change of scenery. The guy is such a hard worker and yet he continues to work for people who can't see the value in it. To them its about how young and "vibrant" you are or its all about the #'s. I would really like to see him do what he loves (cooks, restaurant management) get paid just a decent wage, not work to the bone 12 hours a day, and is happy with what he's doing.

Is that too much to ask???

We live in such a hole that there aren't any jobs for 50 miles in every direction. The housing market has crashed so hard in California that we couldn't sell our house if we wanted to.

So about that peace, I keep looking for it. I keep reading the definitions I have on the side of my blog........the ultimate purpose for it.........I'm reminding myself that peace is there. It is in the security that God will take care of us no matter what. Why do I have such trouble remembering that?? Slow learner, I am.

So........I'm taking deep breaths, being thankful for what I have. Hoping for the future, while trying to be content in the present. Living in the moment and not in the what-ifs.

What do you do when peace escapes you and you try to reel it back in??

3 comments:

Wendy Mayo said...

I count my blessings. Then, I go help someone less fortunate. When I do that, I realize how much God has blessed me and how much better my life is because of those blessings. Then I pick myself up off the couch, turn off the TV, throw away the empty ice cream carton, get dressed, and go on. You are a wonderful daughter of God, trying to do what's right. He knows you and love you. So do I!

Jenileigh said...

It's hard here too. Just keep praying and stand on the word, cast down those thoughts that satan tries to torment you with...

25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?

28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:

29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?

31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

29Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father.

30But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.

31Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.

32Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

Hugs my friend.
Jenileigh

Jenileigh said...

Oops I forgot to post the chapters. The first verses are Matthew chapter 6 and the second set are Matthew chapter 10.