Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Kind of Friend I Want To Be

My mom sent this to me and this is who I surround myself with...my true friends....

Anyone can have those schmanzy-pansy friends who pat you on the back and say "it's okay" when it really isn't........but a real friend will tell you "it's bad, but we'll get through it together"


None of that Sissy Crap
Are you tired of those sissy 'friendship' poems that always sound good,
but never actually come close to reality?
Well, here is a series of promises that actually speak of true
friendship.
You will see no cutesy little smiley faces on this card- Just the stone
cold truth of our great friendship.

1. When you are sad --I will jump on the person who made you sad like a
spider monkey jacked up on Mountain Dew!

2. When you are blue -- I will try to dislodge whatever is choking you.

3. When you smile -- I will know you are plotting something that I must
be involved in.

4. When you're scared -- we will high tail it out of here.

5. When you are worried -- I will tell you horrible stories about how
much worse it could be until you quit whining, ya big baby!!!!

6. When you are confused -- I will use little words.

7. When you are sick --Stay away from me until you are well again. I
don't want whatever you have.

8. When you fall -- I'll pick you up and dust you off.

9. This is my oath...I pledge it to the end. 'Why?' you may ask --
because you are my FRIEND!

Friendship is like peeing your pants,
everyone can see it,
but only you can feel the true warmth.

1 comment:

Urban Mom said...

Thanks for an out-loud laugh! I can't stand those syrupy e-mails. I'm flattered to be thought of, but c'mon.... This is so much more honest and therefore a much better read!