Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Test Results

Well I thought since I shared with you all about my tests and prodding that was to take place in the next few weeks I would share with you some of my results.



Chiropractor.......So I've been about 5 times now. I really like this guy......he's very thorough, he doesn't pressure you into treatment and hey, my insurance pays for it :) So he told me a few things I already knew. I have an extra lumbar vertebrae and it has fused on one side to my sacrum. Its called lumbarization. This is the main cause of my sciatica. A few years ago I lost muscle mass in my upper left leg (I literally had a dent in my leg where the muscle had atrophied). This was due to the nerve not getting to the muscle. We fortunately brought back the muscle mass with some physical therapy, but I have not regained the strength in my leg.......so we are going to work on that.



Lab Work....

The good news.........my thyroid is good

Bad news........my cholesterol was up........not horrible, but not where I want it to be.

Worse news...my blood sugar was up...again not diabetic level, but above the norm.



So what I do from here...increase my exercise and try to decrease my refined sugar and simple carbs intake. I think I can bring things into normal range with making these changes.



Still waiting on the boob pancake machine and I go to the physical therapist next week so stay tuned for those results..........



More than you ever wanted to know about me, that's what I'm here for

No comments: