Friday, August 15, 2008

I think she flippin broke something...


Yep, my new physical therapist tried to kill me yesterday.

And I paid her.


So my dr tells me to go see this gal, that she can help me because she specializes in SI Joint problems. Come to find out she works exclusively with women and primarily with those who have given birth and suprisingly a large number of them who had twins............now who do I know that sounds like that??????hmmmm


Anyway, she says I'm a mess..........those of you who know me could have told her that for free.


She said the fusion of my L4 and L5 vertebrae to my sacrum is so bad she can feel it with her hands. She also is concerned I may have permanent nerve damage due to the fact that I have not regained all the strength in my leg from several years ago.


Wow, I just love going to see people in the medical field..........full of such good news!


The upside..........she thinks she can help me.

Top 10 things that came out of the physical therapist's mouth.....

1 This will hurt a little.........not a good way to start out the session by the way.

2 All I'm going to do is pull on your leg........is this the beginning of a bad joke?

3 Do you pee when you laugh or cough?

4 That A%#hole

5 She's going to hook you up to the electrical stimulation machine and put ice on your back.......hmmmm, last time I check electricity and water.......not good bedfellows

6 Do you mind wet underwear? (it was from the ice, I swear)

7 Are you comfortable? Well you just yanked both my legs out of their sockets, my back is numb from the ice while twitching uncontrollably from the electrical stim, my first intro to the tech girl is with my butt hanging over the side of the table exposed to the world AND my underwear are wet.............what do you think?

8 Are you coming back? Let me think.............

9 Don't walk up any stairs for at least 48 hours............huh?? I didn't understand it at the time.......today, I understand............I couldn't walk up a wheelchair ramp if I wanted to

10............and the #1 thing she said as I was walking out the door............don't be afraid of your pain meds.................wow, with that encouragement I just know I'm gonna have a fab time for the next day or two.


I've decided to put a "For a good time call Julie" card on every car that cuts me off in traffic..........that'll teach em'


No comments: