and I haven't posted. Sorry guys.
I lent my computer to a friend so she could put a slide show together of our mission trip so I didn't have access.
I am working on getting some photos together to show you some of what we did on our trip....
We had a good time sharing with our church today and letting them know each person's highlight of the trip.
For me the highlight was serving alongside my husband......his first mission trip. Secondly a trip my pastor and I took on the last day of the trip. We were asked to visit with some folks in their homes (SRO's.......single room occupancy) apartments which basically are a 10foot square room with a shared bathroom in the hall. Usually the elevators don't work and can be 7 or 8 stories high.
We almost didnt visit Ben. We were told that he was mad at the church and hadn't come in some time because he got kicked out for being drunk/high. At the last minute we decided to visit with him.
He was an angry guy. He was mad at the church. He told us he had just finished a pint of vodka just before we got there. He obviously had some mental health issues. He refused to let us pray for him and was convinced we were trying to bribe him or trick him into coming to church. We sat and talked with him for 20 minutes and in the end he prayed for us and we walked away not knowing if he was still angry or not.
That evening at the Wednesday night worship event, halfway through the program, I look back and guess who was there???
Ben.
I seriously wondered what we could accomplish in a 4-5 day trip.
Now I know.
No comments:
Post a Comment