Thursday, July 3, 2008

Summer Movie Reviews

So here is my "summer thus far" movie review post

You'll have to look at my previous post for my personal review of the new Indiana Jones movie (gag!)

But here are some others I went to see. First off I'm a big M. Night Shyamalan fan.........Sixth Sense, The Village, Lady in the Water, Unbreakable........I mean that man has talent. However, in his first "R-rated" movie he disappointed. This was first off a commercial for environmentalists everywhere.........take care of the planet, we get it. I don't go to the movies to hear someone's political statements. Secondly, it was just plain violent. Not violent for the sake of plot, but gratuitous. I really was disturbed and I don't disturb easily. So a disappointment I must say..........I hope he moves back into his realm of the supernatural, peculiar and fantasy.










My second pick is probably my favorite of the summer so far. The Incredible Hulk........it was good, really good. Better than the last one and I think Edward Norton makes a much better Hulk. I mean really..........he's hot in a nerdy kinda way. He is one of my favorite actors (American History X, The Illusionist, Red Dragon, Keeping the Faith, The Painted Veil) and I thought it was a good story line and Liv Tyler made a good accompaniment to him.








Next................Get Smart. I am a recent convert to Steve Carrellism. It started with my husband's insistence that I watch an old episode of The Office. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. I've now watched the first 3 seasons and it seriously is the only TV series I can honestly say I would consider buying............hysterical. I also have found him good in several movies................Dan In Real Life, Evan Almighty, and Get Smart. It can't compare with the original but if you go into it knowing that, it is an enjoyable, funny distraction

Well that's it for now.........my son saw Wall-E and said it was good, but again a political platform..........why must they do that??? Since I haven't seen it personally I won't endorse it and probably will wait until DVD based on my son's review.

So, that's it for now............I'm looking forward to seeing.

The X-Files, Hancock, Hellboy 2, Batman:The Dark Knight..........I think that's my plan for now.

Now, lest you think I ONLY watch action movies, I must educate you on my movie-watching strategies. I typically only see action movies in theatres. There is something in the experience you can't replicate at home. Love Stories, Dramas.........its all the same, so I save them for the small screen from Netflix.

The answer to your question is "No, I don't take out a small loan to go see movies everyday" I don't go to the movies much during the year but in the summer I go more often due to better selection and teenage bordemn at home............

What have been some of your favorites???

No comments: