Friday, July 11, 2008

Should I or Shouldn't I??


This is the question I have to constantly ask myself due to these darn fires.......


Should I let my kids have their birthday party today.......or shouldn't I?

Should I go on the Mission Trip on Sunday leaving my older son home alone.....or shouldn't I?


Should I be worried that the hospital won't be there next week and therefore I won't have a job.........or shouldn't I?

These fires are making me crazy. I have to cancel my kids party because the smoke is in the hazardous range and I can't have 10 teenagers here outside filling their lungs with this gunk. I am worried about the hospital as the fire is burning literally at its back door. I have to at least consider the idea of either my husband or I staying home from the Mission Trip this next week "just in case"..........



It could be worse...........and for many others it is.........they have been evacuated from their homes for 5 days now, some have no home to go back to........


I just want the burning to end.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too many "shoulds" will give you a "shouldy" life.....

Perhaps He's testing you to put your trust in Him.

Redefining Paradise- Rachel said...

Well there is trust in Him and then there is common sense. I am trying to find that happy balance.