Saturday, July 12, 2008

San Fran...here we come

Well they lifted the mandatory evacuations and downgraded them to precautionary...thats a good sign.

So, that means we most likely will be leaving tomorrow for our Mission Trip to San Francisco. I'm still a little nervous about going and if anything changes between now and then I may rethink things.........but for now its a go for liftoff.

So for the next 5 days our two youngest children (the twins) and my husband and I will be participating with City Impact in The City. We will be doing a myriad of things from construction to food kitchen and thrift store to children's programs to worship services. There is a team of 15 of us that are going and we are joining up with another local church so we should have a pretty big group.

Since I won't be writing here for the next week I will leave with asking for some prayer
Specifically
  • Safety for my family in the city
  • Safety for my 15yo son who is staying home alone
  • Protection for my home and my community from the fires
  • Peace for my mother who will be checking in on my son at home
  • God's presence and guidance in San Francisco
  • Peace for my husband and I over leaving our son home

I will miss talking with you, but I'm looking forward to spending this time with my husband and younger kids. This is my husband's first mission trip and he is nervous and apprehensive about what to expect.......I know God will work mightily in him and through him.

Signing off for now............God's blessing on you this week

1 comment:

T said...

I will pray for you and your family. I think it is wonderful that you will be able to do God's work as a family. What a blessing!