Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Batman........and the Joker.........Rock!!




Yessirree..........Batman is all they say it is.





Who are they?? That is always the question isn't it?













Whoever THEY are..........they are right. This is an awesome Batman movie and frankly I think Christian Bale is the quintessential Batman. And Heath Ledger couldn't have gone out on a more spectacular note as the Joker.





I watched the original Batman show when I was a kid and it was cute and fun........and the movies from the 80's with Michael Keaton and Val Kilmer still portrayed that "comic" like superhero. For me though, I really like the darker side.........I like the realism brought into a comic style hero in these new movies. I enjoyed the first one and I think they only improved on the original with this second installment.

3 comments:

T said...

We are horrible about going to movies. We always wait till they come out on video. This is one I certainly want to see.

Urban Mom said...

Ok, I mean this only with a spirit of "viva la diference", my cyber-friend, and that doesn't always come across in cyber-space, but...

did we see the same movie?

I've been wanting to post on this soon -- we keep getting nailed on the hyped up movies only to be disappointed (i want my money back for wall-e!).

However, Chicago looked amazing, didn't it?! And I love the summer blow-up movies -- and this definitely qualified as one.

We're off to the X-Files on Friday.

We need to go get a drink sometime and talk movies and books. I think it would be fun & lively!

=-)

Redefining Paradise- Rachel said...

Oh, Oh!!! Yes the X-Files is next on my agenda......gonna see it tomorrow with my mom.

Hey, different strokes for different folks....but I too have been disappointed by some of the other movies I saw this summer...The Happening most especially. I tried not to read too much about Batman so I didn't get too high of expectations so maybe that helped me enjoy it.