Tonight I do..........and then for the next week..................I won't.I'm not panicking....................really
I'm just up at 2am knowing that I won't see my children for the next 7 days.........won't have any clue where they are at any given time.........wondering if they remembered to pack extra socks..........do they know what to do if they get lost in the woods..........will my son's cast stay dry............will they miss me?
I'm trying to not let it show

My son will have flipper arm like this kid over there.........the doc wasn't ready to take the cast off........the day before we had to scramble to order this hermetically sealed waterproof cover.........pay $45 in shipping to overnight it............and then they sent the wrong size. So he has to wing it............and I saddled him up with waterproof tape and duct tape just in case. Along with a warning to remember that he has a BROKEN HAND.........I'm sure it will be fine.
I'm sure it will be just fine
I keep telling myself that.............and it will........its just............I haven't done this before and neither have they.
I kinda put it out of my head all this week..........but now its 4 hours and 28 minutes away........its all just a bit overwhelming.
Why don't the other parents feel like this...........most of them are counting down the minutes to being "kid free"...........but I don't get that.......

I'll look forward to the lack of bickering and arguing around the house..........but will it be too quiet?
It will be fine
Of course we will still have older son at home starting summer school on Monday at the local college.
Another first
Another worry
It will be fine
I'll just keep saying it and that will make it true. They are going to have a great time at camp.........they will miss me, but they will make new friends and do cool things. Oldest son will take the bus by himself for the first time.......he'll take a test where mom doesn't grade it.....he'll grow up a little bit more
I'm sure it will all be fine.......
I'm sure it will all be fine......
I'm sure.......
3 comments:
It IS going to be fine! It IS! A friend of mine went through this a few years ago. The kid had an absolute blast. Now he's going for the better part of the summer. He loves it and can't wait. And he's perfectly safe, well-adjusted, smart and wonderful. Just like yours!!!
Hang in there.....
=-)
I missed it when my daughter called this afternoon so now I'm feeling horrible.........that I wasn't there when she tried to reach me. Now its 9pm and I haven't heard anything so my mind keeps wandering.....did they get there okay, are they having fun, what are they doing NOW? I've been teary eyed all day and can't really even talk about them with my husband........I feel so foolish, but I can't seem to help it.
I absolutely know how you feel. I don't think you are foolish at all. I've never been one of those moms who dreaded summers or couldn't wait for them to go to school. When I started homeschooling them 7 years ago it felt sooo right because I missed them when they were gone. I so comprehend how you feel. Here you go...(((((Rachel)))) I'll say a prayer for you and the kiddos.
Post a Comment