I just love the folks over at the Well Trained Mind forums........they have the "bestest" advic.
They reminded me that my kids are busy having a good time (which is why I sent them to camp to begin with).
I need to remember my own camp experiences. I went every year, summer and winter, from 4th grade on and I don't think it ever occured to me to call home. We were busy........all the time.....and then we collapsed into our bunks each night.
I suppose in my own selfish way I want my kids to miss me.......there is this little inkling that I want them to need me. Not enough to have a bad time.........just enough to feed my mamma ego.
I'm sure there is something Freudian in there somewhere
Anway, I'm going to take all the great posts that the WTMers wrote to help me out and read them every day this week to remind me that they are okay...........and in the end I'll be okay.
Next time will be easier..........but those "firsts" sure are hard on us moms
1 comment:
Your kids are going to have a blast!! Mine just got back from summer camp and both are going next year. The little one can't wait. Hang in their! It'll be just fine.
Post a Comment