Monday, June 2, 2008

Goin' to Camp

So the twins are going to Summer Camp

Their first ever

I suppose they are going into 8th grade and I should start letting go a little...........but I'm still a little scared at the prospect of my two babies far from home.

I went to summer camp...........it was awesome! I really hope they have the same great time that I did as a kid.........it is in fact some of the greatest memories of childhood that I have.

This all came about suddenly. My kids have started attending the church across the street from our own church for Youth events. Our own church does not have much in regards to Youth and my children (and our family in general) does not connect with the current Youth Leader so it wasn't a good fit for us. We used to attend the church across the street so they have many friends over there. I talked it over with our Pastor and he is supportive of our decision........while still wishing our own church could meet our needs..........

So, they went to Youth Group over there yesterday and it was the final sign up for their camp starting June 8-14. They had 2 spots paid for that they raffled off.........10 people were up for the 2 spots and my son won one of the spots.

The camp is $550 so this is a big win!!!

Of course sister was sad because she really wanted to go and knew we couldn't afford the big bucks for both of them at this time.

I went in to talk to the Youth Pastor and fortunately I already know the guy.........Trevor.......he's a good guy and we've worked together over the last couple of years on a yearly Youth Week our community puts together every year for the Youth here. I told him how his twin sister really wanted to go but it wasn't in our budget................so his offer........pay what we can and let's get her signed up!

God is good. So we will come up with as much as we can afford and send her off......along with a big thank you to Trevor and the church for helping us make this a reality for our kids.


I'm really going to miss them.

I've never been away from my kids for that long...I mean a whole, entire week!

Cut the apron strings mom.........I can hear it now...but its stll hard.

Parenting..........its hard being excited and scared all at the same time.

3 comments:

Jenileigh said...

What a blessing! I pray you feel peace this week and enjoy your time while they enjoy theirs. May God fill you all to the brim with His love and new revelations..taking you deeper with Him than you've ever been before. Hugs dear one!

Redefining Paradise- Rachel said...

Thank you, it is a good time to rely on him......

It is good to hear from you again too!

T said...

I want to encourage you to think back. Back to when you went to camp. Okay now dont' worry about your twins! remember how much fun you had? Remember how you LOVED it?!?! My Samantha comes home Friday from camp and I know she is having a blast! This is her 3rd year there. Next year she and her little sis get to go together and then after that she gets to be a volunteer Levite and work for the camp. She is totally willing to give up 6 weeks of her summer for no pay! And she can't wait to do it! She'd probably pay them! They are going to come home with such wonderful memories and beg to go next year!