Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Finally in the ER

Well today is my third day in the ER..........and my last day training. That's right 3 whole days training..............and that's a little scary. They don't do things the same over there as they do over in my regular department........but I'm sure it will be fine.

So far I love it over there........12 hour shifts go by twice as fast there as an 8 hour shift in PBX.

Most everyone has been very nice, although it seems the male nurses either have miserable lives or just plain like being grumpy. Hopefully it will wear off as I've been there awhile. I think some are confused as they've seen me over the last 6 months periodically.........but now that I'm there permanently they can't quite place me.

The fire is now 100% contained and life has gone back to normal for most people. My boss's daugher lost her house and 3 of the doctors at work. 70 houses were burned in total. I certainly will be refiguring my photo storage and important paper files to be more easily accessible and all in one spot for quicker location. The college finally reopened today so my son was a little sad at having to go back to summer school......LOL. I told him to be happy there is a college left to go to.

Anyway, a hearty thank you for all the prayers and concern...........a very scary week that I am happy to see come to an end.

1 comment:

T said...

Glad the fire is contained and work is going well!