Friday, May 23, 2008

Indiana Jones for the Geriatric set

Okay, so I didn't go into the theatre with very high expectations to begin with........and Indiana Jones 4 didn't disappoint....or exceed those expectations.

I really wanted it to be good.......I wanted to be wrong.......I loved the originals.......but Harrison Ford has just lost his boyish good looks and along with it his acting ability apparently.

I thought the story line was good, the cast exceptional.........but the acting was corny and in some spots downright bad.

Did I mention he's old???


Now, I like a good mature man............but Harrison just isn't doin it for me anymore. Shia LeBeouf got my blood pumping faster than the old Ford on the back of the bike. Too bad.......I hope I can just live in the past and remember my Han Solo and young Indie..........he was cute, he could give the greatest smile and his cocky, sarcastic wit just won my heart.

Some things get better with age.........but I'm disappointed to report that Indiana isn't one of them.

3 comments:

T said...

I used to love me some Harrison Ford and Indiana Jones! Won't be going to the theater for this one though. Isn't it sad when the sexy men go past distinguished and into the relm of Sean Connery old?

Redefining Paradise- Rachel said...

For sure! I find that the fair-skinned, light-haired ones age the worse.......Robert Redford, Harrison Ford, etc... As long as the acting quality is still there I don't care much, but Harrison's last few movies I have found lacking. He just ain't what he used to be.....LOL!

Redefining Paradise- Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.