Literally!!I mean really....... is it that hard to change a cat box?
Scoop.........and toss.....scoop........and toss
But to a 13 and 15 year old you would think that it ranks up there with brain surgery in regards to difficulty.
Huh? You want me to what?? Scoop what......its clean in there!
Uhhhh, no......its not clean.......see all those clumps and can you NOT smell that????
Well I'll just break them up, then there won't be clumps anymore and it will be clean again, right? And I don't smell anything......
Uhhhhh, no......there are still "things" in there that can't be broken up so scoop those
I don't see anything
Really, what are these?
Oh, those!!!
This is the scene that plays itself over and over again weekly in my house..............what is so complicated here? Am I really expecting too much........as in that they can recognize a cat "treat" in the cat box. Seriously, I'm just plain exhausted trying to demonstrate over and over again how to clean this darn thing.
Here are my options for a solution
1. New children
2. New cats that don't urinate or defecate
3. Throw the cats outside (not sure I can do this one..........nightmares of childhood cat getting run over by a car)
4. Do it myself (even more distasteful to me than throwing the cats outside.......these are THEIR pets)
5. Give husband enough "happy time" that I can talk him into doing it and he'll be perfectly happy doing it
6. Continue beating my head against the wall while trying to teach my children what a clean cat box looks like.......again, not one of my favorite options
So weigh in and tell me how to solve my dilemna before the cats start revolting outside the laundry room

I can see the picket signs already
"Hell no, we won't go"
I bet FlyLady doesn't have an email for this!
2 comments:
LOVE that pic of the kitten! OMG, that's hilarious! I read your post and had to call my mom to apologize for all of the times she was stuck doing the litterbox because her princess daughters couldn't be bothered. Perhaps karma will come around some day... =-)
Yes, what comes around goes around.......kinda like my mom putting the curse on me that I would have triplets all just like me......I did have twins, so that makes me a believer!
Post a Comment