Thursday, February 28, 2008

Show me the money!

Taxes really chap my hide!

I know we have to provide for the widows and orphans, and there is something good in helping those down & out get a leg up.........but do we really need to pay for politician's plush retirement accounts while our 401K tanks?

I often wonder how much better our financial picture would be if homeschool moms were in charge of the budget and tax structure.

We are the most frugal bunch I know........always making important decisions in regards to financial priorities and making due with what we have instead of constantly looking for bigger and better.

Seriously, would any of us pay $2000 for a toilet?

Would any of us give billions of dollars to countries destined to betray us later on when our own children were starving?

I don't think so.

So, as I do my taxes this year and the disappointment of a lousy refund sets in......I become disgusted all over again in my yearly "tax time" regression.

We live in a great country......we have more than we could ever need......and yet we still are lacking. Financially, spiritually, emotionally, morally.

I wonder what kind of tax they have to help with that?

And where does my money go, that I couldn't have put to better use? The thousands I paid in taxes could have funded a homeless shelter or paid for a child's broken arm.....

Could WE do it better?

I wonder........

3 comments:

Urban Mom said...

Oh, you KNOW we could! We're getting our ***es handed to us this year too. Somebody give me a ballot! Heck, this is Chicago. Somebody give me a bunch of ballots!!!

Redefining Paradise- Rachel said...

no joke!!! We are really up a creek for the next 4 years no matter who wins.

Urban Mom said...

too true... too true!