Tuesday, February 19, 2008

This is me........this is me on Ny-Quil

Okay, so that's not really me, however I completely understand how she feels.

How can one person go to bed perfectly fine and wake up a few hours later with a raging temperature, raw as hamburger throat and a snot fountain bubbling forth?

I honestly don't know. Now of course having just finished Microbiology I actually DO know......its just that I don't care. Frankly when you feel this cruddy you don't care about much......

Here are some of the things I DON'T care about today

The amount of tissues littering the floor around my bed
The number of tea bags I've wasted in my cold cup of tea
The slobber I got on my pillow while I attempted to sleep
3 dogs trying to lay on top of me while I lay and moan
How much school work my son gets done
Who is filling in for me at work
If the dishes are done
The piles of laundry I "planned" on doing today

What I DO care about today

Calling in sick to work........that bugs me
WHEN my husband gets home to take over
How much soup and tea bags are in the house
That I have Puffs Plus over Dollar Store tissues
The amount of drugs readily available to me that can knock me out

That pretty much sums it up...........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww...I hope you feel better soon.

Urban Mom said...

oh nooooooo! hang in there. time to put *you* first for a while!