Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Something from Nothing

So I've been a slacker this week.......I know it.........I'm sorry

Work has been crazy busy, everyone calling in sick and I'm still sucking up snot like its the 5th food group. (sorry for that visual)

I have been keeping up with my reading......although it has sssssllllooowwweeedddddddddd down over the last couple of weeks.

My new book is that one........over there........on the right

Something from Nothing: Understanding What You Believe About Creation and Why

Creation/Evolution studies is kinda a hobby for me. See I went to Christian school but they never really taught us about this. Just the standard "God created the earth" line.........but never anything about the science of it all and the dangers in evolutionistic belief systems. So I read any books I can get my hand on about it, when I can.

This one I picked up a couple of years ago when we vacationed in San Diego, Caliornia. On our last day before flying out we went to the Institute for Creation Research Museum in Santee..........awesome place BTW. They have great exhibits there and have put a lot of effort into dispelling the myths of evolution....my kids loved it. They have a great bookstore there as well...........which is where I got this book!

What I like about this book is that even though its technical, it was specifically written for teen and college ages so it is an easy read and is very engaging.

A lot of Christians either ignore the creation vs. evolution theory based on that it isn't important, its not a salvation issue, or it is just too complictated. Some Christians even fold evolution into their beliefs about God's creation (something I used to do)

I really urge you to look further into this subject..........to see its relevence...........to see why Christians can't sit on the fence and why evolution cannot fit into a Christian's worldview if they truly belief in a Creator. This one subject can be one of the most powerful witnessing aids ever and it is central to our beliefs as Christians.





No comments: