
Decisions, decisions! So I have these 64 books all listed below.......however do you decide which one to start with. Well I did it very scientifically.......I reached into the bookcase and the first book I touched, I chose. How ya like them apples! I'm very precise that way.
So, I'm actually quite excited to read this book as its been sitting on my shelf for 2 years now. Now, lest you think I'm fibbing I really must explain. It has been on my shelf for 2 years mostly because it was hidden behind some other books and I forgot I owed the darn thing. So, it wasn't intentional.......really, it wasn't.
I'm a big fan of Francine Rivers and I recommend her heartily to any Christian woman out there who has turned her back on tawdry romance novels but still longs for wonderful love stories. My first introduction to Francine (we're on a first name basis now) was Redeeming Love and let me tell you.......you cannot cut your teeth on any better book by this author. The story of Hosea, it is a most beautiful and tragic love story. Now I have a special fondness for this story as it is set in Paradise (remember that is where I live, and my blog's special purpose) and in fact is based on my actual town. Francine is from this area, Northern California, and used our little neck of the woods as the backdrop for this story.
Well I digress........back to Unveiled, the story of Tamar, I can't tell you much about it yet, but I'm excited to get started on my list and I hope you either have started or will soon...........whether its one book or 64 you can't go wrong with taking the time to expand your mind.
Books have a way of influencing our very being in such a way as to help us move closer to Paradise or farther away........which will it be for you?
2 comments:
I love Francine Rivers' novels, also. I read them all a few years back when I "discovered" her - I think I'll pick them up again this year!
I'm reading the 5th book in this series, Unafraid~about Mary...I'm a Francine Rivers fan too.
Post a Comment