yeah, okay so I say that every year.......but one of these years it just has to be true! Actually this past year has been a rough one here in Paradise. My husband's job went down the toilet, requiring me to go back to work after 16 years at home and funds are pretty tight these days. Hours upon hours of studying Microbiology. Turmoil at church and a house full of teenagers has made 2007 a year of change and chaos. Of course its all relative..........we've had worse years........and we still have our health (and isn't that the quintessential milestone that we mark whether its truly been a bad year or not) so I could complain, but I won't.....I'll say instead that change is good, that adversity grows us into stronger people, that chaos gives us opportunities to do things differently.New year's resolutions this year? Not so much
They don't work for me.....I'm too lazy. There was this one year though........ahhh, I remember it well.......2003, I wrote them all out on an index card and I actually accomplished almost all of what was on my list. I'm not sure what was different about 2003......I just know it hadn't happened before nor since. Maybe they were things I really wanted to change......vs the inevitable drop 25lbs this year resolution that never seems to budge off my hips. I want it, I just am not willing to put in the work to make it happen.........like I said........lazy
So, if I must make a resolution (and I suppose I have to so I'll have something to say to all those people who will inevitably ask) it is to pursue this idea of Paradise being within and how I can find it, keep it and share it.
Happy New Year all and may you delight in life in 2008!
1 comment:
I didn't do resolutions this year either...although losing 25 lbs would be nice! HA! Happy New Years Rachel. I look forward to getting to know you better!
Post a Comment