Thursday, January 24, 2008

The first step is admitting you have a problem.....

It started innocently enough.

My daughter spent her Christmas money on a new video game for the Wii.......nothing new really. Except..........


This one actually looked interesting to me. All the other shoot them up, magical creatures exploring the forest, football just never peaked my interest........but this.....THIS, I could get into.


So I did. I set up my own world and I was hooked. I stayed up after work until 2am several days in a row buidling my town, inviting new sims to live there and improving the properties and gathering essence. My eyes began to blur.


Then yesterday it was my birthday. Do you know what I got? Just guess........


That's right..........as if the cute, little baker wasn't good enough now we've combined some of my favorite shows into my newest, bestest friend The Sims......

Castaway Sims..........combination Sims with LOST, Survivor, Castaway........now I'm just plain blind. My eyes no longer focus further out than 4 feet away or closer than 18 inches........I spend my time searching for cheats and codes and hints on how to find "stuff"........I have a problem.

My family in the meantime is having a great time with all this. They all have been into video games for years.......husband and all the kids..........and here is mom treading into unknown territory. I think they like me asking how to use the pause button or how to find new cheat codes......its fun for me to get involved in something I've been an outsider to for years and they seem happy to share in this new obsession of mine.

I'm sure it won't last......and my reading has taken a hit because of it, but for awhile I'm having fun exploring a new side.........you really can teach old dogs new tricks!!!!

Psst........if anyone has any hints or codes for either of these games, you know where to reach me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I was a lost soul when I started playing Sims and then Sims Unleashed arrived! Oh, my goodness. I was completely addicted.

I want Sims 2, but then again, it might be a good thing that it's not in the house yet.

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel,

The games that I spend too much time playing are Nancy Drew PC games. I don't like to stop playing til I solve that mystery!

I came over from WTM, btw.

unsinkable

Daisy said...

Sims is completely addicting!

Hen Jen said...

oh, wow, that looks addicting!

we have a wii, but I don't know if we should even go here...