Saturday, January 19, 2008

My favorite book series.......


I can't remember the first time I picked up one of her novels. I just remember that I devoured that first book and then went to the library, picked up 4 more and the read them all in 3 days.

I remember soon after that I went to every used book store in town to look for all her other books in the Scarpetta series.......and they now reside comfortably in my home library.

I waited 4 months for this book........I was 25th in line to borrow it from the Paradise Library. I still buy her books, but I can't bring myself to spend $25 on a hardback.........so I wait for all those people to buy it, read it, and bring it into the local used bookstore where I pick it up for $2 instead.

Of course I can't wait that long to read the book, so hence why I was on the library waiting list..........it was well worth it.

The Scarpetta series is great...........she is a forensic medical examiner and there is a cast of characters that you will love and hate.........but mostly they become like family. Read the books in order or you'll get confused, but definitely read them!

She even has a cookbook based on this series of books, as the main character is a great cook

The author has an interesting story herself. She lived with the Reverend Billy Graham and his wife Ruth while she was a child........although I see little evidence of this influence in her books, but none the less it makes for a neat tid-bit of information and she did write a book about her time with the Grahams.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, please share if you like this new book or not! I saw it at the library, but didn't know if I would actually get it read in 7 days.

Michele

Redefining Paradise- Rachel said...

I thought it was really good......a lot happens with the relationships between the main characters in this book......definitely setting things up for a good follow up book.