How many of you remember starting school even 10 seconds before Labor Day?......Yeah, me neither.
They have shaved an entire month off of summer vacation. It isn't right I tell you.
You know its about the money........its always about the money. More ADA funds for more days of school......don't get me started.
Anyway, if you follow me on Facebook you know how sad I am over this day coming.
After so many years of homeschooling I now have my oldest graduating high school this year (still a homeschooler, but attends our local college for most of his classes at this point) but the twins have now been in regular school for 2 years and are starting high school this year.
It isn't a great school, it isn't even a good school.....but in this hick town it is all we've got and they've made it clear they want to go to school. I'm hoping they change their minds. Even with working and me hopefully starting nursing school soon, I still think I could do a better job at home.
But, for now, the high school is where they want to be so I told them we would try it. Key word being TRY.....if it doesn't work for us or I see bad attitudes or poor grades they lose their choice to go there and will go another direction.
In the meantime I should be looking forward to more free time and a quiet house.......but really I'm going to miss them. I like my kids, I like spending time with them...........most of the time. They get on each other's nerves and then on my last one........but in the end I really like being with them.
I never understood the parents that prayed for school to start, dreaded summer break and shoved their kid off as soon as possible on that first day of school. I just don't get it. I'll have plenty of time to myself when they are gone.......I only have a few years left and I want to enjoy them........I want them to enjoy them and enjoy being with me.
I want them to know that I like being with them and that I miss them when I'm not. What message do those other parents send?? Can't wait to get rid of you......whew, I'm glad that's over now get out? hmmmmmm........why have kids to begin with?
Anyway, I'm keeping a stiff upper lip and soldiering through and waiting to see what this year will bring. A new school, new schoolmates, new part of their life.......its exciting and scary all in one. I'm happy to be sharing it with them.
No comments:
Post a Comment