8th grade graduation........brings back good memories and a night of fun. It isn't a big milestone, but its a start. High School is the big leagues.........no going back now. After so many years of homeschooling, high school seems like the beginning of the end. Bittersweet even.
I will now be the mother to all high schoolers........that really puts a defining point on things. 4 years........so where the heck did the last 14 years go anyway???
Time marches on, and things are new and different and exciting. The twins are taking a three week summer course at the local college to help prepare them for high school and even further onto college itself.
Forefront in my mind though is our trip to Oregon next week.
I need a vacation.............no really..........I........NEED.........a.....VACATION........really
So at first I was disappointed that there isn't a lot to do where we are going......no amusement parks or expensive art museums........none of the usual stuff I look for in a vacation. Just the river and the forest.
Now I'm getting excited. I'm a little worried that three teenagers won't find it equally as relaxing.........but I'm hoping they will.
We'll see.
1 comment:
Oh, I hear ya bout need a vacay. I HEAR ya!! Enjoy the forest. It'll be good for everyone to unplug from the world for a while.
Like the changes you've made and had fun perusing the lists on the left side. You're watching Rome? I loved Rome! Vorenus.... yummmmmm. And Octavian's mom -- loved loved loved to hate her. Have fun!
=-)
Post a Comment