It is the beginning of summer.
I laid out by the pool for the first time this season and began looking for mindless, romance drenched books to read over the coming weeks.
I EVEN saw our first summer movie.

Star Trek.........the reviews were correct and they hype is deserved, this was an excellent representation of the Star Trek franchise. It gave tribute to the old while making it all new again......not an easy feat. Definitely a great show.
Others on our list for this summer range from Harry Potter to Transformers to Terminator: Salvation. We did see X-Men Origins: Wolverine a couple of weeks ago, but that was techically still Spring and was a bit of a disappointment.
I'm happy to report that I have high hopes for a good summer. The twins have a College Connection program for 3 weeks in July, all the kids are now in the high school youth program, so no more bouncing back and forth between activities, and after our trip this week we will have a nice, quiet sabbatical filled with pool parties and bbq's, movie watching and drives to the river with friends.........just what a good summer should look like.
1 comment:
I love the summer blow-em-up movies, too! I don't even care if they're bad. It's just such fun escapism. Sounds like we have similar "to see" lists. Here's to checking out of the real world for a few hours!
Post a Comment