
So yeah, I'm reading my book and being generally lazy like I promised you I'd be.
Aren't you proud.
But, I had to chime in for a second because I had several political conversations this weekend and have listed to WAY too many podcasts.
So, how do you think Obama is doing so far?? Really........tell me.
You people keep coming to my blog (I can see you.......no not in a creepy hidden camera way....just a blog count way ) So speak up you people.......tell me about something important.......the prez. How's he doing so far, is it everything you thought it would be? Good/bad/indifferent.
Me........I'm not too surprised, but am disappointed in the stimulus package's Mach II movement through Congress. A friend and I discussed on Friday some of the similarities between our current situation in America and the demise of the USSR 20 years ago. It reminded me of something I read and here it is........
"Democracy is a form of government that cannot long survive,for as soon as the people learn that they have a voice in the fiscal policies of the government, they will move to vote for themselves all the money in the treasury, and bankrupt the nation."
Sound familiar............I think it sounds so true that it scares me to death. With our entitlement attitudes and government programs and socialized medicine ideas.........we think we are owed. We are entitled. We deserve more. We want less taxes and more programs. We want government to take care of us.........welfare, unemployment, social security, socialized healthcare, disability, you name it.......we have a program for it.
So guess who said that famous quote above.............anyone?
Our good friend Karl Marx said it in his famous The Communist Manifesto
Hmmmm, something to think about. We deserve what we earn, what we work for and nothing more. Above that, is all a gift. If we choose to pay for those things then so be it, but to expect them all for nothing............I think not.
Just something to consider......
No comments:
Post a Comment