
So......I got a phone call. It was the anesthesiologist. He had an opening at the hospital for me to get my "procedure".
By procedure he means.......Caudal Epidural Nerve Block.
Doesn't that sound like fun???
I know its just how I was thinking of spending my day off.
Now really, I'm glad as I've been waiting for months for approval from my insurance and then a break in the Dr.'s schedule to do the procedure.
So tomorrow 10:30am.......I'll be there.
So what is a Caudal Epidural Nerve Block you ask??
It is where they insert steroids, anti-inflammatories and numbing agents into the epidural space in your spinal column. Now they can't just show a needle in your back to do this, they actuall have to do it guided by X-ray and contrast that they inject into your spine so they can make sure to shoot their wad in the right place.
So, its fairly complicated to make sure its done correctly. There is only about a 50% success rate and sometimes you have to get it done multiple times to achieve maximum benefit.......but if it works, it is supposed to really eliminate the pain.
That is the part I'm focusing on........eliminate the pain.
So, I have to get a ride there and back and have to stay off my feet for a few days......but hopefully in the end it will all be worth it.

No comments:
Post a Comment