
You know, it seems sometimes we get down and we can blame others, but it is really us who decide to stay down. Some things happen out of our control, like our beloved pet dying, but sometimes we allow what people say and do around us to affect how we live.
I do this a lot.
I hate it. One of the things my mother will leave behind in her legacy is her words to me from childhood to this day.....People can't make you angry, you CHOOSE to let them make you angry.
I hate to admit it......but she's right.
So yesterday I had this horrid woman scream at me on the phone and I really let it tick me off and ruin my day. But about halfway through my day I said to myself that I was not going to be mad anymore and I was going to choose to have a good day. And you know what......from that point forward I did. Of course, then, it occured to me that I had wasted half my day already being pissed off.
So, I really want to make an effort to not CHOOSE to be angry when things go wrong.
Let it go.........let it go..........that will be my new mantra.
Maybe I should get some podcasts on meditation and anger management???
Don't answer that.

2 comments:
Good advice Rachel. I was still gritting my teeth this AM from a run-in with the dentist yesterday. It was destined to affect my whole day. Thanks for the encouragement!
You are so right! There are a couple of people I know that annoy me on a regular basis and I should just learn to let it go.
Post a Comment