Wednesday, February 4, 2009

My Weekend Commitment

I bet you thought it would be something worthwhile, didn't you?

Admit it.......you thought I was starting some new diet, vowing not to beat my teenagers or willing myself to actually exercise.

Surely you jest?

Nope...........I'm committing myself to reading my book. See, normally I don't have to make that kinda commitment........but this time I do. And its not why you think.

Do you want to know what you think?? I bet you do........

I'll tell ya..........because we're friends.

You think I don't like the book................

And I just want to say that that is really unfair of you to think that. Just because I am still on page 140 out of an 800 page book. It really isn't my fault.

I like the book. I like Rome.......I like the book....
Really.......it boils down to I haven't had time. And when I had the time I just didn't feel like reading. I was either busy crying over my dog, busy with birthdays or just plain tired.

So sue me.

But I hereby commit myself to read my book this weekend. I have few plans this weekend, I'm not on call (Like last weekend which was the On-Call weekend from hell) so I have no excuses.

So, if you come looking for me this weekend.......look for the 2 piece pjs covered in coffee cups, several fleece blankets and a couple of pillows in mismatched cases and somewhere inbetween.........you'll find me.

And my book.

No comments: