Yep, its official...........my son broke up with his first girlfriend of 7 months.
While I'm sad for him, and sad for her too, I have to commend his mature attitude and reasoning. When I was 16 I was breaking hearts all over Orange County...or having mine broken.......and never for very good reasons. Usually it resorted to one of us moving on to our next victim......
Anyway, I digress....
So his reasoning I can't argue with........he says he's too young to be that serious about any girl. He wants to go out, have fun, see what exactly he wants in a future wife and he's not sure what that is yet. Hell I'm a wife and I'm not sure I know?!
Anyway....I thought he handled it well.....he thought it through before making the decision....and in the end, I think he'll pull through all right.
It is an amazing feeling when you see that your child is growing into an adult.......and even better, that they are maturing in all kinds of ways......making sound decisions and being responsible.
God, thank you for that glimpse that all that I do isn't in vain!!!
A toast to first loves........and first losses..........
2 comments:
He's a fine young man, very sensible and kind!
He is, isn't he??? This parenting thing works out okay sometimes, doesn't it???
Post a Comment