Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I Love Learning

I have come to realize that I really, really enjoy learning new things. It is so easy to become static. To become non-producers.......which really just equates to users.

I started a class today. It is on Arrhythmia Interpretation. Huh, you say? It means How You Read EKG's and what they mean.

So I can now tell you if you are in Atrial Fibrillation with Premature Atrial Contractions or you are in Sinus Rhythm *by the way, Sinus Rhythm is what you want*

Even though it meant taking a 6 hour class after 2 days of working 12 hours and that I had to return to work in 5 hours after to work my night-shift...........I felt great. I still feel great.

It makes me realize how desperately I want to get into nursing school. I want it so badly I can taste it. And all I can do is turn in my application and wait for my name to get picked out of a hat. How crazy is that. It makes me crazy just thinking about it.

But, that's the system. So I play along. But I don't like it. I just want to learn.........so I'm keeping my toes crossed and my prayers up to date.


No comments: