Sunday, January 18, 2009

Why I didn't go to church again this week.....

My main excuse is because I got called into work late Saturday night. In actuality I still could have made it....I choose not to.

Have you ever felt like you really knew something would be good for you, but you just couldn't muster up the enthusiasm to go? I kinda put it in the same categories as going to the dentist.

Actually, at this point in time, I could see myself going to the dentist more than I can see myself going to church on Sunday morning.

I came across this post on someone's blog when I typed in "Why I don't want to go to church" into Google..........seriously. It is a pretty good represntation of how I feel about church at the moment.....

Why I Didn't Go To Church This Week

My kids are going to a different church, because I made that difficult choice not to force my children to stay in a church with a dysfunctional Youth Director and anemic youth group and where the median age is 75yo. I can't bring myself to go to their church however.........too big, too commercial.....great to keep youth involved and interested in church and God.......but as a long-time Christian.........not so much.

I am in bible study and am constantly challenged by my close friends to get back in the saddle.......but for now, this horse isn't moving anywhere, anytime soon. While I occassionally will show up on a Sunday morning and pretend to listen..........the truth is that I can't wait to leave and I hardly give the sermon or my time there a second thought in the week following.

I know it will come........and I know I'm closing myself off in some ways........but for now, I'm okay with it.

1 comment:

Wendy Mayo said...

Been there and felt the same. Keep on trying. I'm there for you, Sister!