Change.
That is what they/we said we wanted and so now its here.
Obama is in, Bush is out.
Change.
I don't know about you......but I't scares the hell out of me.
Our country desperately needs help and it needs change, but I am not convinced that this is the kind of change it needs.
I hope I'm wrong.
But, I doubt it.
Already some changes are in their infant stages.......what does Obama have in store for the American people?
If the Benediction given has any ring of truth to it, we white folks are in for a ride.
Here it is:
" Benediction at Obama 's inauguration, Rev. Joseph Lowery: 'Lord, in the memory of all the saints who from their labors rest, and in the joy of a new beginning, we ask you to help us work for that day when black will not be asked to get in back, when brown can stick around... when the red man can get ahead, man; and when white will embrace what is right. That all those who do justice and love mercy say Amen. Say Amen'... "
Excuse me, but when was the last time a black man was asked to sit at the back of the bus or a red man prevented from opening a new casino? Seriously!?
And "when white will embrace what is right"..........Wow, what can I say to that. We've all been so misguided for all these years.........so misguided that we ELECTED A BLACK PRESIDENT! Gee, it is a wonder we've gotten anything right.
Just the idea that the Lord's name was connected with this BS makes me want to throw up.
Anyway, I'm sure I'll have more to say about the speech in the coming days, but I'll count to 10........or 100.......first. :)
2 comments:
Least we forget he is bi racial, raised by a white grandmother, abandoned by a black father. Easy to leave that out and embrace 1/2 your past.
I keep looking for those streets paved in gold....
100, 1000, how about 1,000,000???
Post a Comment