Friday, January 16, 2009

Accuracy in the Media...oxymoron???

Me thinks yes.........the media isn't actually capable of being honest or fair or balanced..........and if they tell you otherwise, then they're liars. It really isn't their fault. They are a product of many people with many opinions who report on the events in our world. They can't help but have an opinion or a side. The problem lies not when they fail at hiding those opinions, but when they try to justify it as the right view.

Based on what exactly?

Oh yes, the opinions of the OTHER people they work with who just happen to hold the same view.

Convenient

Anyway, with the Presidential Inaugeration coming up shortly........I wanted to plug a nice site called AIM.......Accuracy In Media

Yep, you heard it right.

Now we will see how accurate they are.........but it is at least a bit closer to the truth than most of us have seen in a long time.

I have a delimna with those around me who choose to hide their head in the sand, belief the media at face value.........or worst yet, believe Hollywood's interpretation of the world at large.

Think for yourself people!!! Seriously........have we become that apathetic that we can't look beyond what is regurgitated to us on the boob tube and search out answers for ourselves??

Don't answer that.

Think about it............we live in the greatest technologically savvy civilizations of all time where information can be found at a press of the keyboard on any topic of our choosing, about anything and anyone.

And yet..............we are in the worst of times when it comes to personal apathy.

Sigh.......I admit it, I am one of them.........it is easy to spout off, but what do I do to make a difference...........not much. I could do more, I should do more.

I will do more!!!

Maybe tomorrow........

No comments: