Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A Poll of Sorts....

I was thinking ahead to 2009. It is around the corner ya know?

I really enjoyed doing the 888 list this year with my reading and I noticed that it really increased my reading and kept me on track as I am very goal oriented. However, I did not come close to reading the 64 books that were on my list.

So, what I am considering is a 999 list for next year. But with a twist. Rather than it being all about reading. About 9 things in 9 categories in 2009.

Some of my ideas are:
Books to Read
Movies to Watch
Home Improvement Projects
Spiritual Goals
Health and Fitness Goals
Relationships
Places to Visit

This is a work in progress, but one I would like to promote. If you have some ideas about categories please leave them in the comments section. Later, in December I will send out a final list and start a blog for the 999 list so that people can post their progress and find info on the 999 list and can link their blog to show how they are using this goal to better their lives in little ways throughout the year.

Please vote on the poll on the left hand side of this blog to note your interest in participating in a 999 List for next year.

4 comments:

Irene said...

Learning a new skill, i.e. woodworking, sewing, painting, cooking, etc.

Doing an anonymous kind act for someone.

Wendy Mayo said...

I second the vote for kind acts. How about calling it Do a Random Act of Kindness?

Urban Mom said...

I like the 888 lists, although I don't have one of my own. I think a 999 would be cool too. I'll confess that I wouldn't likely do my own list, but others' lists always interest and inspire me.

mrs.rabbit said...

Goals are great, and challenges even better! I must admit I would probably be more of a 444 type but I'm willing to try. I like the idea of learning a new skill...