Monday, August 25, 2008

I think I can, I think I can...


I can do this.

I can come to work today and be okay.

Maybe not happy, but okay and I think that's a start.

I love my mom. She is a great example to me. Even when things aren't how we want them to be, she wallows for a day or two but then she can pick herself up and look at the bright side of any dark situation. That is a great example to give your children.

Everyone has bad experiences, but it is how we deal with those experiences that truly define who we are and who we trust. If you can move forward and trust God to take care of you then you have the right perspective......if you wallow in the muck and refuse to let God get you through.......then you might want to rethink your focus.

So today I'm going to work.......I'm going to be happy that I have a job, happy that it is close to home, happy that I enjoy working with my co-workers and let the rest fall where it may.

I cannot force myself to be something I'm not, but I can choose to take the high road even when others around me choose not to. I can choose to be kind and show God's love even when I don't feel it inside. (Here is a big thank you to Pastor Ken's most well timed message on Sunday). Forgiveness comes as we forgive.....we may not feel it at first, but if we trust God to help us move in that direction then eventually we will get there.

Funny that I should finish the book The Shack this last week..........a book dealing on forgiveness and moving on......about God's true nature and his desires for us. Its almost like he wanted me to read that book before last week.......

Hmmmmmmmmm

No comments: