You ever just have a day where it seems like you've climbed into a hole and you can't get out.
It isn't necessarily that everything in your life is going wrong, but just enough so that you get into a funk and the world suddenly looks dull and gray.
Those days where you lose faith in humanity......not on the whole......but its enough to lose faith in just one person who lets you down, who turns out to be something other than what you thought them to be.......its this that makes you begin to question what you can trust in anymore.
Trust in God.........that's it! That is all there is. Resting in that is hard for me. It is a fact that I know, that I live by, but in the day to day battles I find it so hard to find comfort in this. I want proof....I want to see other human beings that I can trust in, that don't let me down.....but it seems I am disappointed when I look to them for that faithfulness.
I'm aware I'm rambling.......but part of this blog is supposed to be about finding Paradise in life.......not as a place or even something to look forward to, but something in which we can find peace and rest even in the midst of turmoil. I'm still searching for this Paradise.
People I love are hurting..........they've been hurt by others and some they've caused themselves. It doesn't really matter where the blame lies. What matters is that they are bruised and battered. They need someone to be on their side, to be their friend.
Remember to listen.........to not judge.......to keep an open mind........to trust on the Lord......to love one another
4 comments:
I think when we are disappointed that someone turns out to be different than what "we" thought, the blame lies on us, not them. We're judging them to what we expect, not who they are. People are flawed, including you and me, that's where God's grace comes in. We disappoint others too, would you want them to feel the same way about you? Give whoever it was grace, He gave it to you.
I think that if I did something unethical and unChristlike than I would deserve some judgement from others. You are correct in that as a Christian I expect people who profess to be Christians to act according to Christ's example...we all fail at one time or another.......but I am talking about blatant unethical behavior that even non-Christians can see as wrong. At some point I hope grace kicks in, for now I'm just angry.
Check out Mat 7:1. He takes care of others, it's not your job. How you handle this defines how you are as a Christian as well.
Post a Comment