Friday, August 29, 2008

The DNC


Democratic National Convention.......if you didn't know what it stood for...........you should. Especially if you're a Republican.


So I didn't want to watch it.........but my husband made me...........and the kids.


And I'm glad I did. I realized how easy it is to get hooked into "how" someone is talking and you forget all about "what" they are saying. Eloquent speech gets you places. Obama should know that. In fact I think he's getting close to perfecting it. He speaks extremely well. I even noticed myself nodding my head now and then.


And then I would say STOP!!!! what did he say?? What am I thinking?


Sure getting rid of America's dependence on foreign oil is important...........education is important.........getting the economy back to health is important. But how exactly are you planning to do that Obama???


Social programs, punishing corporations for making too much money and making sure we start indoctrinating children in the crib with Head Start programs.


Not for me! Thank you very much.


I loved seeing my kids start to get it too. "Well he sounds good, like he has good ideas but how does he plan to do........." Good thinking there kid.


When I watch the RNC (come on, you know what that means now don't ya?) next week I'll be listening with equally attentive ears. Just because someone slaps a political party sign on their badge doesn't mean they stand for what I believe in.


So, are you following the election...........the pick for Republican VP.........Obama's speech??? I want to see what you think.........some lively discussion is desperately needed in my neck of the woods so SPEAK UP!

4 comments:

Urban Mom said...

Couldn't have said it better myself! Where we've disagreed on movies before, I think we're mostly cohesive on this stuff. It can make for a lonely existence here in Chicago... I'm always excited to encounter a kindred spirit!

I like the veep pick. What she seems to lack in experience, she makes up for in principle and spunk. I need to learn more, but so far, so good!

I heard that the RNC might get canned/re-scheduled/watered-down due to Hurricane Gustav. Ugh.

Wendy Mayo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wendy Mayo said...

I haven't been happy with either candidate so far. Obama scares me. McCain is too weak. Wish there was someone I could get really excited about, someone I could rally for.

Redefining Paradise- Rachel said...

I'm not overly thrilled with McCain either......but I think his VP pick brings new excitement to that ticket and may given him an edge when it comes election time.

I heard about the RNC maybe being cancelled too......I hope not, that would be anticlimatic and I think the new R-VP needs some exposure