Saturday, August 9, 2008

13 teenagers have invaded my home...and brought Rock Band


That's right, we are having another party.


Not a grown-up party, we don't do those. We do teenager parties.


So 13 teenagers have descended on my house and brought all their Rock Band/Guitar Hero paraphanellia.


So the stereo is cranked, the drums are rolling and the guitars are working overtime.


I'm having fun watching them all. Watching my son with his first real girlfriend........holding hands, a peck on the cheek. I try not to think about what I'm not seeing.


They are a good group of kids. Not all are Christians and I was concerned at first about that fact.........but my son is a good kid and I didn't raise him to live in a bubble called the church. I raised him to bring light into the world.


His girlfriend isn't a Christian but she came to church with my son last Sunday and she's open to new ideas. I like her.


I keep trying not to think about the step we've just taken. Just one more in the staircase of raising children. We are getting closer and closer to the top where he will walk out on his own.

One step at a time....one step

No comments: