Friday, May 2, 2008

My review of Motivated Moms Chore List


So, you name it I've tried it. When it comes to organizational lists, reminders, emails or alarms.......I've bought them all.


They work...........for normal people


Not for me though


Nothing works long for me because I have a short attention span. If I don't see immediate results, I move on.


So, call me skeptical when I decided to fork over the 8 bucks to try out Motivated Moms Chore List. I really went into it half-hearted........it'll work.............for awhile. But I held no expectation that it would provide any long-term solution.


Now, I'm a big enough person to admit when I'm wrong............no really I am.


So its been a little over a month..........and its still working. I'm pretty sure it is some kind of record for us.


I really like this system............I pull out the sheet of paper for that day.......cross off anything that doesn't apply (watering indoor plants for example........I couldn't find an equivilant for plastic..........and well, let's just say that real foliage and I aren't on speaking terms) and I add anything specific I want done (such as please remove the deoderant "HI" that you wrote on the bathroom mirror)......I assign the chores to each of my lovely teenagers and Voila! we have lift off.


Teenagers in general don't react well to change.......in fact they downright dispise it..........and if it involves them doing more work of any kind.........the word loathe starts coming into play. So they weren't overly excited about mom's "newest system".....but we've stuck with it and everyone is starting to get it.


They come home from school and immediately look at the list for their chores (mostly because I've locked up the TV and computers with passwords that even the guy from Numbers couldn't crack) and they've already eaten all the food in the house...........but I digress..........so they check out the list, start their chores and in about 30 minutes (1 hour if you factor in the whining time that proceeds chore time) and they're done and passwords have been lifted.


All is happy..............well Momma is happy and we all know...........When Momma is happy_____


So my review is that I heartily endorse this product.........I think its great.......I love that its cheap........I like that it is daily and doable.........I like that it incorporates things I forget like cleaning the air conditioning filter...........and mostly I like that I have physical, written proof now that I asked someone to clean the toilet.


You just can't argue that a clean toilet isn't worth $8!

No comments: