Saturday, April 5, 2008

I'm gonna win, gosh darnit



Its a Meyers family tradition. Every so often we have to have a contest. My husband never participates (he knows he'll lose.........kinda like playing Scattergories.......so he just doesn't bother trying) but the kids and I play.

Its called "Who can stay up the latest".............there are always stakes involved...........money, candy, whatever...........but this time the stakes are high.

Chores! And a clean room

Whoever stays up the latest gets to have all the losers do all their chores for the entire weekend.

Now my daughter and I have a side bet going on.......whoever loses, cleans her room. Now this isn't your ordinary room............nor even your ordinary messy room.......this is a room of mammoth proportions. Mess of mammoth proportions. So you KNOW I'm staying up.

I have to work tomorrow, but I don't care..........nothing is worth having to clean that room. Let's put it this way.............we put in new flooring a few years back and I've forgotten what color it is because I haven't seen the floor in her room since then. I'm pretty sure half my collection of socks are hiding in some drawer in that room and that I could feed a smal country with the bits of food and drink lying around.

So, I"m staying awake if it kills me! As for the others..........one boy is already down for the count, and one is still going strong. He'll win for sure.......I'm tired. But, not tired enough to have to clean that room! So its 1:45am and we are watching Barefoot in the Park........one of our favorite girl movies to watch, but I'm hoping its slow moving enough to make her eyes fade.

Wish me luck.............and if I don't post tomorrow you'll know its because I'm sleeping at my desk at work

No comments: