Thursday, March 20, 2008

Why I can never be a lesbian


I really don't like women.

There I said it.

Of course there are many other reasons I would never be a lesbian..........but essentially it boils down to this point.

Women are mean. Women are vindictive. Women are insecure. Women are selfish.

Now not all women are like that......but as a "group" I have found this to be true a good portion of the time.

This isn't to say I don't have women friends........I do. However, they tend to be the "out of the ordinary" crowd who don't seem to fit into any particular group. And that is why I like them!

And I hope why they like me.

Let me expand on my current experiences with women.

Church- An overall good group of women. What ruined it for me? Being in charge of Women's Ministries for 2 years. I learned that even Christian women aren't all they are cracked up to be. They are notoriously hard to please, quite judgemental, can be hypocritical, are competitive (and not in a good way) and are generally unhelpful unless there is something in it for them..........

I know, I know.....church-going women all across the country are deleting my blog from their RSS feed lists as I speak.........but I'm only speaking off my own experiences here. I have met some wonderful, caring women in church and there is even a small handful that I call my friends..its just that my overall impressions have been far from Christ-like.

Work- Ha! Okay, I just had to get that out of my system. Wow, this breed of woman is in a whole other ball game from the church going crowd. Even if they happen to do both..........there is a difference here. I think they call it split personality disorder...but I digress. These women give insecurity a whole new level of meaning. The main component here is competitiveness and gossip. Nobody seems happy to just "be"..........there is always a power struggle and a jockeying for position. Do men do this too? They must........but they must be better at it, because you don't see it so vicious.

Family- This is an area I'm not going to touch too much right now. Mothers, daughters........there are power struggles there. There is a struggle for independence and control. There is the constant tension between personality differences and/or conflict and our desire to please and get along. I think this is where we have the most control over how we behave. While we feel the most relaxed among these people and may say more than we do in other areas of our life..........we also care the most about these people and that most likely tempers us as well.

So overall I've painted a grim picture, haven't I? Maybe its just my life right now............maybe its the time of the month, or maybe this is really how I feel.

I can't decide.

So, I'll settle for this is how I feel right now, at this particular time

But, I reserve the right to change my mind. (Especially for my women friends :) )

No comments: